Mike Lichtenberg, Leader of the Small Groups Ministry Team
The Small-Groups Ministry Team wants to help everyone find and be a part of an active small group. We believe small groups are the key to connecting in a biblical way with other members at Hilltop CF. A small group provides healthy fellowship in a community marked by Christian love and oneness. Small groups can help you to “grow up” as a Christian, including helping you discover and learn to use your spiritual gifts.
- Do you desire to become more like Christ?
- Are you looking for a way to connect more deeply with others at Hilltop CF
- Are you wanting to grow in prayer, Bible study, service, support and accountability?
- Are you in a small group which is looking to grow in focus and influence?
If so, then Hilltop’s small groups ministry is for you!
It’s easy to get lost in a crowd—to feel lonely even though you may be surrounded by worshipers on a given Sunday. That’s why Hilltop CF has a small groups ministry. We want everyone to have the opportunity to be known and cared for and to find their niche in ministry. People grow faster spiritually in a caring, interactive group where they can feel free to ask their real questions and sense the support of the group.
The small group is as much “church” as the larger convening of believers. Jesus’ ministry was in small groups as well as large. All of the “one another” commands in Scripture (love one another; pray for one another; be kind to one another) can only be truly obeyed and experienced in a small group.
There are several small groups of people that meet throughout the week in various places and at various times. Their leaders/coordinators are all volunteers—people who love to help others grow as disciples of Christ.
- Jack and Wilda Reed – Every Thursday 7:00 pm – 13013 Spickler Road, Clear Spring MD
- Married Small Group (Under 41) – Evenings vary – Josh and Kelly Edwards 12507 Mummert Rd, Clear Spring MD – Use the Contact Us form if interested
- CHAOS Jr & Sr High Students – Every Sunday @ 10:15 am – Hilltop Christian Fellowship – Josh Ernst and CHAOS leadership team
- Ladies Bible Study – Tuesdays 4:30-6:00 pm – Hilltop Christian Fellowship – Jan Eccard. Our current study takes us into the life of Joseph, and the detours his life took. From ,being sold into slavery,to being put in jail. To being right where God wanted him to serve. It’s open to all women, you don’t have to be a Hilltopper to attend.
If you’d like to get involved with a small group at Hilltop CF or would like more information contact Mike through our Contact Us form.